Sunday, November 28, 2010

Week 4: the Bird Fryer!

Weekly WrapUp:

Time: 3:50:20
Distance:
30.43 miles
Pace: 7:34


Well last week wasn't what I was picturing miles wise; the knee has been a bit weird on me recently. I am guessing it's just due to weather change and whatever else. This week being Thanksgiving week will surely equal some scattered runs!

Monday
: Neighborhoods 10K? Loop

Time: 46:37
Distance: 6.2 miles
Pace: 7:31
the Route

Today was a good one pace wise, a little slower than I wanted, but felt good for an easy tempo run. Yet, at about 4.5 I could feel that pull in the left knee again when headed downhill. After some research and a little look back through past running logs, it's the same ole knee that gave me a bit of trouble back in Sarasota a few years back......nothing serious just runner's knee......will simply ice/heat and keep at it!

*footnote: it is funny how the BigGeezy says it's a 6.2 mile loop when mapmyrun says it's a 6.5'r? I have heard that the GPS watches do have some play room give-or-take...........eh oh well.

Tuesday:

Time: 39:09
Distance: 5.05 miles
Pace: 7:45
the Route

Nice, easy run today! Letting the knee direct where I go, how far I go, and what speed I go for a bit to make sure I listen to the ole body! Goal was 7:45-7:50 pace and after the run it came out to 7:45's on the dot.

Wednesday: Deuce Tres

Time: 22:20
Distance: 3.01 miles
Pace: 7:25

Time: 22:16
Distance: 3.01 miles
Pace: 7:24
the Route

Today I decided to limit the longevity of runs but still clock some miles. Since the knee has been acting up around 4-5 miles I decided to split the 6 miles into two-runs-of-3 miles. Worked like a charm with no knee pain at all........makes me think more and more it's just slight runner's knee. The breakdown in stats was: TIME: 44:36, DISTANCE: 6.02 miles, PACE: 7:25 +/-

Thursday: EAT and Fry the Bird!

Friday/Saturday/Sunday:

Time: 1:39:58
Distance: 13.16 miles
Pace: 7:36

scattered runs and no real tracking of pace or anything, what I call total leisure after the big meal on Thursday.

*typical holiday week minimal times of lacing up the ole shoes, but had a great time with family and friends, now back at it this coming week!

Run For the Kids Charity Night @ the Gin Mill, January 8th 7pm -- Until?...........more details soon to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment