Friday, October 29, 2010

First Donation Rolls in......compliments of the R.O.B. !

The initial fundraising and announcement email went out earlier today! I was wondering who would hit that "commit button" first.........by commit it's about two things; (1) realizing the big picture of making dreams come true for the charity and the kids, (2) blessing me with the ability to fullfill a lifelong dream!

Possibly the biggest supporter ever in my running career from day one, when I first laced up the running shoes and hit the trails with the CCS Cross Counrty team, hit that button within about 8 minutes approx!

None other than my Dad who got pumped about this journey the second I told him about it earlier this week. We are hoping to make a trip to B-town before the big event. My Dad I honestly don't think ever missed a meet (home or away) or any of my other local competitions, especially the marathons that I have done in the Charlotte area. Coolest thing though is that Dad and I just got confirmation this was the FIRST donation in for the 2011 event across the board.........how bout that!

HUGE thanks for the first donation and never ending support!

"the R.O.B. and the B.O.B"
*taken at one of our weekly Panther tailgates....before this season, haha!
**also the wig is not typical attire!

No comments:

Post a Comment