Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Last bit of Turkey..........November Wrap-Up!

Time: 15:57:21
Distance: 127.7 miles
Pace: 7:30

Well today marks the end of November and means I am officially beginning my running career in my 30's as of tomorrow. What a month....really didn't plan on so many "bash's" in my first month of training when I put together the plan. Instead, I had the BIG 3-0 bash that lasted 4 days, then Thanksgiving that lasted 4 days. So as we all finish the last bit of Turkey off the ole Turkey Leg and say goodbye to November it is time for an overview!

All-in-all November went pretty well! I was satisfied with my pace and mileage mainly due to the consistency at which I laced the shoes up. When you aren't competing it is easy to hit eh roads 3 times, maybe 4 times max per/week. During this stage I wanted to get the body used to 5-6 days of training a week. That did not mean I had to go out everyday and hit up 7-10 miles, but simply lace up the Zuno's (Mizuno's) and hit the road for 30 minutes or more...........get the body pumping!

Overall we hit a total of 127.7 miles for the month, meaning I spent a grand total of 15 hours 57 minutes and 21 seconds on the roads of the SouthPark area. Overall it came out to a 7:30 pace which for me first coming back isn't too bad!

December will be a test of upping the mileage.........first off is a visit to the wellness doc to check out the ole Sarasota knee make sure all is firing well. Seems to feel fine, but after longer weeks there is a little tenderness. Yet, nothing that will keep me from my goals!

So as the sunsets on November......we say goodbye to Thanksgiving and hello to Christmas Season! I hope everyone has a safe and relaxing time over the next month and until next time (ie: the December Wrap-Up) keep checking back for more Fundraising/Team information and Training Updates!

Happy Running folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment